Saturday, November 10, 2007

First Week Summary

Day of infusion went fine, day after, not so much. Didn’t get one of nausea medications so spent lots of time at porcelain prayer bowl, leading to loss of fluids, and a late night trip to get an IV to put fluids back in. Since then other than trying to remember when to take which pill, all has been OK. After today no more chemo pills for 14 days, only nausea pills when needed.

Continued thanks to Roberta who bailed me out and got a prescription for me, took me to the IV, home from chemo, and tuned me on to some gluten-free Popsicles too.

Multiple cards, phone calls, and emails from recent and long ago friends and associates "brought the mist" to my Irish eyes more than once this week; thanks to all who took the time to let me know they were thinking of me.

Hope is there are only 17 more weeks of this, could be 23, but at least 1st one is under my belt.

PS--Say thanks to a veteran this weekend, eh?



No comments: