Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week Three Update: New Cycle About to Start; It's Weird Being Hairless.

Today (Sunday) I go in to get blood tests with results available by tomorrow morning when I start another 21 day cycle of chemo. They will pump meds faster this time so I have some anxiety about that and I am still trying to figure out what to eat before, during, and right after the chemo to avoid day after nausea from last time around. Another change is that I'm going to try driving myself this time and see how that goes. Got to try to figure out how I'm going to do some early Cyber Monday shopping on Chemo Monday , too.

Most notable during past week is my hair loss. While getting ready in the morning is a lot faster since I don't have any hair to wash and blow dry, it's just weird seeing my bald head in the mirror. I have my Detroit Tigers baseball cap for use when I am out and about , but at home i have a "gangsta" type of blue skull cap that I put on my head to keep it warm, even when I go to sleep. No one is likely to mistake me for Rip Van Winkle with that cap on, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tom, has it been 21 days since the first cycle began? Pumping faster. Does that mean driving home before rush hour? Best wishes and know we are thinking of you.