Saturday, November 17, 2007

Week 2 Udate: Smooth if Somewhat Odd Sailing.

No real physical issues this week, but an oddity. One of the reported side effects of Prednisone (the “P” in CHOP) is restlessness.

In my case while I didn’t feel restless, I also didn’t apparently feel sleepy. For first time in my life I pulled not an “all nighter” but essentially I went without sleeping from the time I woke up on Saturday until I finally caught about 5 hours of sleep on Tuesday night. (And that sleep only happened after i got a prescription sleeping pill from my Doc). Frankly I felt pretty darn good even toward the end of that period, and I also got a LOT of work done. Go figure...

I also went out and got what is likely to be my last haircut before I start losing my hair , if typical time periods for hair loss during chemo happen for me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Get yourself a good warm hat. This is the voice of experience speaking.

Rember,if there is anything I can do for you, I am ready.

Barry